The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Mobile Team - Southwest Swindon / Sharpness based
Maintenance Team Leader
Attractive salary plus great benefits such as:
- Bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 24 days annual leave, rising to 25 in 2023 + bank holidays
- Option to buy and sell leave
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Employee Support to include Life Assurance and critical illness pay
- 24/7 Colleague Assistance Programme and Financial Wellbeing Support – access to affordable loans, savings accounts, advanced earned pay, and financial education via salary finance
- Online savings- major retailers, utilities, entertainment plus many more
About our opportunity:
Are you looking for a sustainable career? Where no two days are the same? Whilst working for an ethical employer who truly makes a difference to our planet?
By playing a key part in our bold commitment to transform our business into a provider of net zero carbon sustainable materials by 2040. Truly you will be making the world a better place to live for the next generation.
You will be responsible for managing a team of mobile maintenance engineers; ensuring planned and reactive maintenance is complete in line with company targets.
You will be covering Multiple sites across the South West region, including Plymouth, Cardiff, Chard, Gloucester, Sharpness, Swindon.
Committed to working flexibly as you will be expected to work such hours as are required for the efficient and conscientious discharge of your duties and responsibilities.
Working hours to be agreed. Travelling and staying overnight as and when required.
Full UK driving licence.
What you will be doing:
- Promoting a positive Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Culture throughout the business.
- Conduct and provide guidance and support in the development of risk analysis, developing SOP’s and improvement plans.
- Proactive and reactive work on the depot as required.
- Implement RCA approach to eliminate repeat issues.
- Provide direction to the operational team.
- Maintain critical spares levels for routine maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and drive shared learnings to improve performance across region/UK.
- Liaise with and manage contractors to ensure correct RAMS are in place prior to work commencement and adhered to during work.
- Work with suppliers to ensure the best quality, service and prices are available to us.
- Keep all documentation of work complete up to date on CMMS.
- Attend training as required to keep within legislation and up to date knowledge.
- Provide weekly updates on outstanding, planned and completed maintenance activities.
- Identify development and training requirements within your team.
- A nationally recognised mechanical or Electrical time served apprenticeship minimum level 3.
- Computer literate.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work as part of a team, equally comfortable working alone and ability to use your own initiative.
- Not get flustered when under pressure to achieve targets.
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
It goes without saying that you will need the correct licences or certificates for a variety of our roles.
However, at EMR we value the way we do things as much as the delivery. We call our expectations our Behaviours. They align with our Values of We Care and We Do, and they apply across all levels and roles in the business.
- Integrity – you are Respectful and Honest
- Trust – you are Collaborative and Authentic
- Accountable – you are Determined and Responsible
- Innovative – you have a Growth Mind-set and you are Progressive
If we all carry out our roles in line with these Behaviours, we will achieve success as One Team. If you embody our Behaviours, we want to hear from you!
A DBS check is required for this role.