The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Bradford
Driver - Class 1 wagon and drag (days)
This job has been closed.
- Attractive hourly rate plus increased overtime rates
- Plus great benefits such as:
- Bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays and 25 in 2023, plus each year you will have the option to buy and sell leave
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Employee Support to include Life Assurance and critical illness pay
- 24/7 Colleague Assistance Programme and Financial Wellbeing Support – access to affordable loans, savings accounts, advanced earned pay, and financial education via salary finance
- Online savings- major retailers, utilities, entertainment plus many more
About our opportunity:
“I love working for EMR. The industry is fascinating and no two days are the same”
This role will give you the opportunity to say these exact words just like one of our very own drivers.
Our industry truly is fascinating and has the variety factor, giving you the opportunity as a Class 1 Driver to meet new customers on a regular basis.
Our rotas for nights away are pretty flexible, so whether you’re interested in working the odd night away, a full week away or you’re just looking for local work. Then we want to hear from you.
We like to offer a good work-life balance for our drivers so the flexibility can work in your favour.
What you will be doing:
As a family-owned business, we respect and appreciate all the hard work given by all of our drivers. We believe our drivers are all key members of our business and strategy. Without them, our business would come to a standstill, how would we move our materials!
You’ll be driving and operating wagon and drag vehicles, whilst transporting material between our sites and customer sites whilst offering a world-class customer experience to all customers.
If you don’t have experience with wagon and drag vehicles, don’t worry, we would still like to hear from you, as we offer in-house training.
So what do we need from you? Well, if you have read and stuck with us this long, you are probably on our page. You will need to:
- Hold a HGV Class 1 (CAT C +E) licence
- Take a methodical approach to work
- Be patient, able to work unsupervised, and stay calm under pressure
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers, and provide a high level of customer service
- Be able to follow instructions, and know when to discuss changes to plans with your line manager
- Be a good communicator, and be able to avoid conflict
- Be able to recognise/anticipate hazardous situations and react accordingly
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
It goes without saying that you will need the correct licences or certificates for a variety of our roles.
However, at EMR we value the way we do things as much as the delivery. We call our expectations our Behaviours. They align with our Values of We Care and We Do, and they apply across all levels and roles in the business.
- Integrity – you are Respectful and Honest
- Trust – you are Collaborative and Authentic
- Accountable – you are Determined and Responsible
- Innovative – you have a Growth Mind-set and you are Progressive
If we all carry out our roles in line with these Behaviours, we will achieve success as One Team. If you embody our Behaviours, we want to hear from you!