This job has been closed.
About our opportunity:
We are seeking a Team Leader to join our Polymer Recycling facility in Worksop. The purpose of the role will be to manage a specific team to maintain and improve performance, ensuring a safe operating environment at all times ensuring a high standard of product quality is maintained throughout the shift.
What you will be doing:
- Comply with the company's Health & Safety regulations and the Company's Quality Standards
- Promote a positive Health & Safety culture in the factory; carry out risk & COSHH assessments and accident investigations
- To ensure product conforms to documented standards, operating procedures are adhered to and that Health & Safety is paramount
- Ensure adherence to all site policies
- To oversee and lead all of the team's day-to-day work performance
- To organise and prioritise workloads when required
- To monitor progress of workloads and report any issues to your Shift Manager
- Ensure production targets and other KPI's are achieved
- To maintain communication and feedback to the production management team at all times
- To maintain communication and feedback to the maintenance team at all times
- Set up and operating machinery in accordance with current procedures
- Conduct appropriate checks on machinery/equipment
- Improve maintenance and operations processes – Adhering to TPM schedules
- Ensure all relevant reports/paperwork is completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Complete other miscellaneous task as instructed by your Team Leader/Manager
- Coach and mentor all new starters within area
- Improving the new starter on-boarding process
- Ensuring each operator is trained to the agreed standards
- Upskill colleagues to agreed standard and the Mentor’s level
- Develop training modules with the training department
- Support Shift Manager with probation and PDR process
- The ability to deputise in the absence of your Shift Manager or to assist with covering all other areas/departments when required
- CMI Level 3 or equivalent is required
- Proven people management experience
- An ability to prioritise work duties.
- To be able to control and discipline staff when required
- To maintain confidentiality with staff and management at all times
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to both deliver and carry out verbal and written instructions
- Good numeracy and writing skills
- IOSH would be an advantage
- Train the Trainer course would be an advantage
- FLT, Reach, Counterbalance licence would be an advantage
Who we are?
MBA Polymers is an organisation which truly makes a difference to our world. Founded back in 1992, we have a simple mission – to take valuable plastic bound for landfill and transform it into high-quality plastic polymers for a sustainable future. As an award-winning organisation that forms part of the EMR Group, we are thrilled to be offering this opportunity to join us at our state of the art Polymer Recycling facility in Worksop.