Maintenance Manager - IES
Job Reference emr/TP/21478/1944
This job has been closed.
Attractive salary plus great benefits such as:
- Bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays and 25 in 2023 (pro-rata) plus each year you will have the option to buy and sell leave
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Employee Support to include Life Assurance and critical illness pay
- 24/7 Colleague Assistance Programme and Financial Wellbeing Support – access to affordable loans, savings accounts, advanced earned pay, and financial education via salary finance
- Online savings- major retailers, utilities, entertainment plus many more
About our opportunity:
Are you looking for a sustainable career? Where no two days are the same? Whilst working for an ethical employer who truly makes a difference to our planet?
By playing a key part in our bold commitment to transform our business into a provider of net zero carbon sustainable materials by 2040. Truly you will be making the world a better place to live for the next generation.
You will be responsible for overseeing maintenance efforts across our organisation. You will manage maintenance activities for the upkeep of fixed plant and facilities whilst overseeing a range of mechanical and electrical maintenance activities both internally resourced and contract.
What you will be doing:
Here are just a few responsibilities
- Support in the investigation, review and reporting of all Health and Safety accidents and near misses. Leading Huddle discussions on SHEQ issues. Undertaking of regular inspections to check on SHEQ compliance and opportunities for improvement. Engagement with SHEQ team and General Manager to understand and support
- A proactive, efficient approach to the management of your shift, including:
- Dayforce activities.
- Frequent performance/coaching conversations with Team Members, in-line with EMR guidance.
- Daily huddles/briefings to their shift, providing key business, safety and performance updates.
- Resource management, including prioritisation of work orders and schedule for planned outages.
- Support in the delivery of HR Cases Management processes, including disciplinary, grievances, lateness and performance management.
- You will develop and drive the use of CMMS to deliver the preventative maintenance required to improve and maintain uptime.
- Lead project management in partnership with EMR’s Central Engineering Team, to ensure the achievement of key deliverables/milestones within the agreed timescales
- You will monitors KPIs, utilises business systems, tools and reports to monitor and analyse performance, developing data based insights to identify and deliver performance improvements.
- Carry out inspections of all facilities to identify and resolve issues.
- Check electrical and hydraulic systems of site to ensure functionality
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities.
You will have a successful track record of management within a major, multi site operation with exposure to various responsibilities including H&S, Business Performance, Staff Development, Recruitment and Profitability.
You will be familiar with mobile plant and fixed processing plant capabilities
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
It goes without saying that you will need the correct licences or certificates for a variety of our roles.
However, at EMR we value the way we do things as much as the delivery. We call our expectations our Behaviours. They align with our Values of We Care and We Do, and they apply across all levels and roles in the business.
- Integrity – you are Respectful and Honest
- Trust – you are Collaborative and Authentic
- Accountable – you are Determined and Responsible
- Innovative – you have a Growth Mind-set and you are Progressive
If we all carry out our roles in line with these Behaviours, we will achieve success as One Team. If you embody our Behaviours, we want to hear from you!