This job has been closed.
Attractive salary plus benefits
About our opportunity:
We are offering the opportunity for a skilled General Manager to drive forward our ambitious recycling capabilities at our Leeds depot.
You will be leading our well established operational teams, taking operational responsibility for all of the depot. Your management experience in industry related settings means you will be exceeding targets, continuously improving our operation, and getting the most out of our colleagues and technology.
What you will be doing:
- Leading, managing and developing operations teams for both day and night operations
- Developing and maintaining an up to date awareness of processing technologies and evaluating process capacity and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Enhancing safety in the workplace and minimise risk of environmental harm by liaising with the regional SHEQ team, ensuring a safe, healthy and environmentally sound workplace and culture for all colleagues customers and visitors
- Ensuring close control of inventory, grades and stock movements in line with Sales & Operational Planning process (S&OP) ensuring Stock & Quality checks are reported, working capital is kept to the minimum required to optimise productivity.
- Managing and ensuring Stock & Quality checks are reported and maintained and material is appropriately graded and priced
- Implementing lean management and business improvement techniques to engage colleagues at all levels in optimising plant and operational performance
- Managing and overseeing site logistics and ensuring that the plant is running at an optimum level, minimising downtown
- You have a strong track record of achievement in Operational & Commercial Management within your industry.
- Your track record demonstrates that you are motivated and driven to achieve increased efficiencies, reduced costs, and improved outcomes in all operational areas.
- You're experienced in managing a dynamic team, and your management style is collaborative and inclusive.
- You will have good project management experience which has seen you make some value-added changes in your past.
- You will be able to develop strategies and plans to achieve strategic outcomes and influencing the wider business in operations.
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com