The following content displays a map of the jobs location - warrington
This job has been closed.
- Bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, plus each year you will have the option to buy and sell leave
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Employee Support to include Life Assurance and critical illness pay
- 24/7 Colleague Assistance Programme and Financial Wellbeing Support – access to affordable loans, savings accounts, advanced earned pay, and financial education via salary finance
- Online savings- major retailers, utilities, entertainment plus many more
About our opportunity:
Would you like to join the number 1 metal recycler in the UK? Are you looking for experience at the forefront of the most sustainable sector? Become a net zero hero!
Not only does this role offer a rewarding year in industry, it also has a clear path for progression and career development - which means a bright future awaits.
By playing a key part in our bold commitment to transform our business into a provider of net zero carbon sustainable materials by 2040, truly you will be making the world a better place to live for the next generation.
This role can be very challenging and diverse. At the same time, it is rewarding and offers a career with many opportunities for professional development.
What you will be doing:
You will be an integral part of the Shipping Documentation team and have a broad range of responsibilities; these could include;
- Issuance of Bill of lading shipping instructions to various stakeholders, chase all draft and original bill of ladings from shipping lines and ensure compliance to requirements.
- Issuing of documentation for European truck movements
- Sending VGMs to the stakeholders and monitor the VGM mailbox and ensure issuance all VGM requirements within strict deadlines
- Update in-house systems to ensure records are kept up to date
- Ensure that any inspections have been carried out before approving draft bills for compliance with contract / regulatory requirements
- Raise invoices and supporting documentation within set contractual and country perimeters.
- liaising with third party inspection agents to obtain the required inspection certificates required for exporting to certain countries.
- Assisting customers with any queries and providing the highest customer service.
- Checking loading photos to ensure they adhere to inspection standards.
- Any ad hoc duties as/when requested
- The ability to be meticulous and consistent with close attention to detail.
- Delivering high quality work to very strict deadlines; prioritising and managing expectations of internal and external customers.
- Flexible and adaptable with a 'can do’ attitude
- A team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills - Microsoft Excel required
- Good organisational skills.
Applicants should be organised, motivated individuals who can work to deadlines and be prepared to adapt according to business priorities.
Exceptional communication skills are required to effectively work with team members but also to assist customers and suppliers with any potential queries they may have.
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
It goes without saying that you will need the correct licences or certificates for a variety of our roles.
However, at EMR we value the way we do things as much as the delivery. We call our expectations our Behaviours. They align with our Values of We Care and We Do, and they apply across all levels and roles in the business.
- Integrity – you are Respectful and Honest
- Trust – you are Collaborative and Authentic
- Accountable – you are Determined and Responsible
- Innovative – you have a Growth Mind-set and you are Progressive
If we all carry out our roles in line with these Behaviours, we will achieve success as One Team. If you embody our Behaviours, we want to hear from you!