The following content displays a map of the jobs location - East Coast Road Sheffield
General Yard Operative
This job has been closed.
- Attractive pay rates + Increased overtime rates
- Plus great benefits such as:
- Bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, plus each year you will have the option to buy and sell leave
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Employee Support to include Life Assurance and critical illness pay
- 24/7 Colleague Assistance Programme and Financial Wellbeing Support – access to affordable loans, savings accounts, advanced earned pay, and financial education via salary finance
- Online savings- major retailers, utilities, entertainment plus many more
About our opportunity:
Are you looking to have a sustainable career? Whilst truly making the world better, fairer and greener for the next generation.
You will be a true hero in the eyes of future generations to come. By playing a key part in our bold commitment to transform our business into a provider of net zero carbon sustainable materials by 2040. You truly will be making the world a be a better place to live for the next generation.
This role is bursting with opportunity for the right person. As a General Yard Operative, you will develop fundamental knowledge, skills and expertise throughout your career. We will support you with all the training you need to be successful such as upskilling you to operate our plant. So with the right attitude this will give you the opportunity to progress with your career.
What you will be doing:
This role has a variety of responsibilities to keep you busy throughout the day.
Whether your loading, unloading, processing and transporting various materials on site. Conducting regular checks on machinery and work areas. To assisting customers and clients on site whilst offering excellent customer service.
Whilst supporting depot management with day to day requirements.
If you’ve got a ‘can do’ attitude, you’re a good team player, you enjoy being ‘hands-on’, you have good customer service skills, and you enjoy working outdoors in all conditions in an industrial environment. Then this role will be right up your street!
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
It goes without saying that you will need the correct licences or certificates for a variety of our roles.
However, at EMR we value the way we do things as much as the delivery. We call our expectations our Behaviours. They align with our Values of We Care and We Do, and they apply across all levels and roles in the business.
- Integrity – you are Respectful and Honest
- Trust – you are Collaborative and Authentic
- Accountable – you are Determined and Responsible
- Innovative – you have a Growth Mind-set and you are Progressive
If we all carry out our roles in line with these Behaviours, we will achieve success as One Team. If you embody our Behaviours, we want to hear from you!