This job has been closed.
Attractive salary plus benefits
Car allowance and increased overtime rates
About our opportunity:
There is a great opportunity for a Ships Port Agent to oversee sea going vessels port calls, setting up and completing ships files, ship boarding activities meeting with ships personnel and captains arranging for many various and necessary requirements i.e. crew changes, doctor appointments, ships mail, crew changes, spares and repairs etc. also liaising with various contractors, port authorities and internal personnel.
Initially this role will be home based, it will then base from our Warrington Head Office, however travel to and from the Port of Liverpool and Manchester will be frequent. There will also be occasional travel to other Ports within the UK so a driving licence and transport is required.
The company’s core business is receiving, processing and exporting recycled products handling volumes in excess of 10 Million of tonnes of materials per year. A family business with several acquisitions the company has rapidly grown to become a global market leader in recycling and continues to grow with a powerful vision to be the best. The company employs over 3,000 people and operates at 150 locations worldwide.
What you will be doing:
- Managing the arrivals, movements and departures of vessels to, within and from multiple various ports
- Liaising with vessels and arranging port services for this process with an understanding of ports, tides, locks and rivers
- Completing and issuing various documentation, i.e. bills of lading, manifests, stowage plans, internal and outside authorities’ requirements i.e. customs and immigration, estimates
- Processing and finalising invoices and disbursement accounts
- Communicating vessel progress to required parties and dealing with day to day operational activities and issues.
- Confident communicator – email, telephone, face to face
- Flexibility to work overtime evenings and weekends. Every third weekend.
- Knowledge of Outlook / word / excel – training given on other internal shipping programme, internet for port external systems and research
- Good attention to detail
- Good numeration skills
- Think on your feet
- Yes can do attitude
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
Due to the nature of the role, a financial and DBS background check is also required, at the employer’s expense.
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.