This job has been closed.
Full Time/Flexible Working/Part Time
Competitive Salary plus Benefits
EMR recognises the value of a diverse workforce, and we welcome applications from all backgrounds.
About our opportunity:
What you will be doing:
- Project Management: Day to day management of several projects across the business, including creating and monitoring project plans from inception through delivery, capturing resource requirements and managing project spend.
- Leading from the front: You are an honest, enthusiastic leader, nurturing and cooperating with differing personality types to get the best from your team.
- Challenging us: You understand that there is always room for improvement; you use your analytical approach to challenge the status quo and recommend alternatives.
- Making things happen: You have excellent decision-making capability and can manage multiple concurrent tasks and prioritise effectively.
- Collaborating: You build, maintain and manage relationships through your honest, inclusive and dependable approach. You get the best outcome in the interests of the business, our customers and our suppliers. You will be visiting depots and meeting customers when you can to get a feel for our business and industry.
- Communicating: You prepare weekly and monthly reports related to your project for management and any other updates or reports, so the business knows what impact is being made and where.
- Relevant Project Management qualification; Prince 2 Practitioner/APM/PMP
- Lean Six Sigma (black belt preferred)
- Experience of managing large projects/programmes successfully
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven delivery of performance improvement and change management.
- Proven as an effective people leader.
- Excellent IT skills (Advanced Excel, Creation of Project Plans, Risk Assessments).
- Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Extremely high standards and attention to detail.
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com