ELV Logistics Coordinator
This job has been closed.
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm - 45 hours per week with possible Saturday work on occasion with a day in lieu
Remote working/office based working split - this role can be based from any of the following locations: Brentford, Canning Town, Edmonton, Erith, Mitcham, Neasden, Wandsworth, Willesden, Ashford, Newhaven, Portsmouth, Rochester, Shoreham, Southampton, Bedford, Boreham, Great Yarmouth, Lenwade, Newmarket, Norwich
About our opportunity:
The purpose of the role is to ensure that requests for ELV transport services are captured, recorded accurately and responded to in line with the previously agreed internal or external customer requirements whilst, striving for efficiencies and service excellence. Maintaining excellent standards of safety and delivering the core values expected from our market leading recycling business.
What you will be doing:
- Representing EMR professionally and being courteous with stakeholders at all times
- Planning, organising and managing the routing of deliveries and collections to meet the requirements of the organisation and our customers
- Liaising efficiently with internal and external customers resolving any problems that occur
- Supervising the drivers, managing overtime and efficiencies to ensure cost control
- Promoting and ensuring compliance with transport policies, procedures and legislation
- Where targets have been set then plan vehicle utilisation to ensure the targets are achieved
- Be pro-active in identifying routing and service level improvements, focusing on cost reductions and customer satisfaction
- Working with the local transport management team to ensure the vehicle and driver remain compliant to UK legislation and EMR policy.
- Inspiring and enforcing a positive Health and Safety ethic within the team
- Ensure any paperwork/systems have been completed and used correctly by internal staff and customers, resolving any issues found
- Capture feedback from stakeholders, either positive or negative and report this for review
- Using planning / routing / tracking software in line with instruction and training
- Good customer service experience is essential
- Previous vehicle routing experience is desirable
- Experience of making quick decisions under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise work and complete it to a high standard
- IOSH Managing Safely is desirable but not essential
- Good IT skills are required (e.g. MS Office, vehicle tracking, routing software)
- The ability to influence people and build long term relationships with external and internal customers
- Ability to structure tasks and work load
- Be able to adjust to change and embrace change
- The ability to motivate and project enthusiasm
- Able to understand and adhere to safety, health, environmental and quality policies
- Understand the value of customer service as a key point of differentiation within the industry
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Due to the nature of the role, a financial and DBS background check is also required, at the employer’s expense.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com