Granulation Yard Operative
This job has been closed.
About our opportunity:
As a Granulation Operative, you will develop a solid foundation of knowledge and expertise of what it takes to be at the forefront of cable recycling/granulation and sustainability, with training provided to support you through different processes.
What you will be doing:
- Operating granulation equipment ensuring that maximum efficiency of the plant is sustained.
- Thoroughly sorting, grading and weighing incoming and processed materials to ensure quality is maintained.
- FLT licence and Plant operating experience would be an advantage
- Safely operating and be willing to learn the operation of various items of plant on site.
- Conducting regular checks on machinery and work areas, reporting any problems.
- Assisting on site engineering in low level maintenance tasks
- Ensuring the company Health & Safety and environmental policies are strictly adhered to.
- Monitoring all visiting suppliers/drivers on site – including PPE compliance.
- Assisting depot management as required.
- Can you work safely and effectively in a large industrial environment?
- Are you organised adaptable to meet business priorities?
- Do you have good communication skills?
- Are you comfortable working outside?
- Do you have a ‘can do’ attitude?
- Can you work Saturdays mornings?
- Can you travel to and from the depot without difficulty?
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.