Operations Team Leader- Shredder
This job has been closed.
Attractive salary plus great benefits
About our opportunity:
The role of Team Leader at EMR Group is broad in its requirements and provides a challenging but rewarding working environment. Supporting the operations performance for the depot.
What you will be doing:
- Delivering operational performance in line with improvement projects
- Reducing Running Costs
- Develop and grow shredder operational team in line with drive to achieve KPI’s
- Improve product quality and value streams
- Continuous drive to improve safety culture within your team.
- Implement pro active planning, ensuring clear accountability and buy in from the operational team
- Assist in development and role out of 5S housekeeping plan
- Provide timely reports detailing risks and improvements
- Improve profitability
- Optimising Wear part usage
- Minimising power consumption
- Increasing up time
- Improve product quality
- Improve Non Ferrous recovery
- Develop and train Depot staff
- Technical understanding and experience of
- Large motors, conveyor belts, bearings, heavy fixed plant
- Practical experience of maintaining and developing heavy fixed plant, & ideally progressed to a supervisory position
- Working knowledge of Total Preventative maintenance (TPM)
- Experience of Asset Management Systems/ Computerised Maintenance Systems
- Ability to manage numerous tasks and teams
- Proven track record of safety orientated performance and successful delivery and role out of safety initiatives
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Due to the nature of the role, a financial and DBS background check is also required, at the employer’s expense.
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com