The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Oldbury
Plant Operative - 12 hour shifts/days & nights
Job Reference emr/TP/105/762
This job has been closed.
Hours of work: Monday - Thursday, 06:00 - 18:00 & 18:00 - 06:00 (weekly rotation shifts)
Friday, Saturdays & Sunday are also available as overtime.
Candidates must be flexible to work both shifts (days & nights)
About our opportunity:
Working as a key member of the operations team, the post holder will operate equipment in his area to continually achieve optimum efficiency and throughput, working within the business guidelines
Working to current safe working procedures and work instructions.
Ensuring compliance in all areas to meet customer quality standards, whilst promoting a safe working environment.
What you will be doing:
- To operate plant and machinery in compliance with the Standard Operating procedures
- To work in a safe and appropriate manner conforming to EMR health and safety policy
- Report any defects to your line manager
- To ensure effective handover of area between shifts
- To constructively participate in toolbox talks
- To take responsibility for their own and others safety through safe working practices
- To participate positively in continuous improvement initiatives
- Maintain good standards of housekeeping and plant hygiene
- Authorised to stop plant or machinery in circumstances where safety is at risk or the damage to plant is at risk
- To buddy new employees to share knowledge of the job and plant
- Monitor plant and machinery performance
- Keep production/performance records
- Maintain excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Previous experience of factory work or physically demanding environments
- Previous experience of operating machinery and plant
- Able to read instructions and diagrams and interpret graphs and percentages
- Mechanically minded
- Experience of having actively participated in team briefings or involvement in continuous improvement
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.