Entry Level Chemical Engineer
This job has been closed.
Attractive salary depending on experience + £3k car allowance
40 hours per week
This role will require you to travel to various locations across the UK and could require you to stay away from home for one week+ at a time.
Up to 20% of the role will be travelling/working on projects at different locations
About our opportunity:
Based in the Central Engineering Team, you will provide technical support to the business that will help to define, develop and deliver new process solutions or drive specific project programmes forward
2.1 or higher Mechanical or Chemical degree essential
The successful candidate must be available to start in quarter 1, 2022.
Minimum 1 to 3 years relevant Industrial experience essential
What you will be doing:
- Operation of R&D processing equipment as and when required.
- Characterisation (preparing, sorting, counting, weighing) of materials.
- Performing detailed research into new processes and technologies.
- Ability to create detailed mass flow balance models to support associated plant projects.
- Ability to review technical documents, drawings, codes and standards, H&S requirements.
- Ability to prepare clear, detailed, yet succinct reports as required.
- Ability to create and plan your own time and on some occasions, that of others.
- To coordinate and complete all projects and tasks assigned to you adhering to agreed deadlines.
- Be prepared to travel and spend time at other EMR sites as required (limited) to support projects.
- To complete all other reasonable tasks that may be assigned to you as part of your agreed work duties
- 2:1 or higher Engineering Degree essential
- Hold a UK driving licence.
- Proficient user of Microsoft / TEAMs office software.
- 1 to 3 years plant process design in equivalent industries deemed essential.
- Proficient (desirable, but not essential) in specialist engineering software – e.g. CAD, Matlab, Process Engineering visualisation tools and project management packages such as MS Project.
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com