The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Newmarket
Electrical Maintenance Engineer
The job has expired.
About our opportunity:
As an Electrical Maintenance Engineer, you will be assigned a wide range of activities. Our processing equipment and machinery is varied so previous experience in a similar role is required.
What you will be doing:
- Carrying out effective electrical maintenance and repair on machinery and services
- Ensuring machinery and services are maintained to meet individual department's requirements
- Conducting appropriate checks on machinery/equipment
- Operating machinery and equipment only when trained, including start-ups, shut downs and maintaining operations at the agreed level, maximizing productivity
- To communicate effectively and accurately any information about stock requirements and usage to the Engineering Stores Person
- Compilation of any reports in relation to work undertaken including but not limited to: Fault Repairs, PPM, Overtime, Lost Time Reports, Breakdown Reports and expenditure
- Ensure that all machinery and equipment is used of a safe standard, and any malfunctions/missing components are immediately reported
- Responsible for machinery isolation
- Responsible for care of tools and equipment used
- Participation in shift briefings
- Liaising with production team to support continuous improvement
- To buddy new employees to share knowledge of the job and plant
- Good working knowledge of 3 phase systems.
- Proven fault-finding experience including on control circuits.
- Experience in heavy industrial operations.
- PLC knowledge would be beneficial.
- PAT testing/hard wiring experience advantageous.
- Maintenance of lighting systems.
- Design and building of control panels.
- Electrical installations.
- High appreciation of Health and Safety at work.
- Appropriate qualifications and demonstrable experience are a necessity for this role.
- Exceptional communication skills are required to effectively work with team members but also to assist customers and suppliers with any potential queries they may have.
- IEEE 18TH Edition
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes.
Our mission is to have great people serving our customers with dependable recycling solutions. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It’s a place where we care about our people, our customers, our workplace and our communities. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.